Thursday, October 26, 2006

A little about me

48 things you could care less about
1. First Name Eilidh
2. Were you named after anyone? Yes, my great gran. She was actually called Helen but all the family called her Eilidh (Gaelic for Helen).
3. When did you last cry? Can't remember but I cry far too easily. This is something I'm trying to stop especially when nasty work brings it on. It's not worth it!
4. Do you like your handwriting? It depends sometimes I surpirise myself with how neat and artistic it looks but most of the time it totally shows that I'm a eccentric scientist.
5. What is your favourite lunchmeat? Hmmmm, difficult one. I like really nice good ham, not the plastic stuff.
6. If you were another person would you be friends with you? I hope so but I do wonder if I'd be irrated by my bossiness and stubborness.
7. Do you have a journal? Nope. There aren't enough hours in the day or interesting things in my life to warrant one.
8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes.
9. Would you bungee jump? Probably not. Might have done when I was younger but I can't even abseil now cos of fear of heights. Getting to the top of the Eiffel Tower in a lift was almost too much for me.
10. What is your favourite cereal? Special K red berries. I love the yummy sweet raspberries.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Not usually. My steel toe capped tariners at work haven't been untied in 3 yrs.
12. Do you think you are strong? Not very but if I'm angry I can be. And I do have to carry 20kg+ at work and drag >100kg on pallets so maybe I'm not as bad as I think. Mentally I can be very strong, mostly stubborn.
13. What is your favourite ice-cream flavour? Don't really like ice cream and I shouldn't eat it. But if I am tempted it's by belgian choc type stuff.
14. Shoe size? UK 5- 5.5
15. Red or pink? Oh, that so depends on my mood. But it can't be light pink as I have red hair. Cerise is currently my favourite colour.
16. What is the least favourite thing about yourself? My temper. And my pear-shaped hips!
17. Who do you miss most? My parents/family, I live 400 miles away and only see them a few times a year. They've just been to visit and whenever they leave I realise how much I miss home.
18. Do you want everyone to send this back to you? As I haven't sent this then no. I like reading these things on people's blogs though.
19. What colour pants, shirt and shoes are you wearing? Black trousers, cerise t-shirt, charcoal cardi and no shoes, only berry coloured slippers.
20. Last thing you ate? Some of the butternut squash and roast pepper soup we've just made. Homemade turkey meatloaf with salad and tomato bread coming up soon.
21. What are you listening to right now? Right now, Coronation Street which is on in the background. Other than that I'm generally listening to Radio 1 on my way to work in the car so I get a bit of everything.
22. If you were a crayon what colour would you be? A bright colour. Turqouise perhaps.
23. Favourite smell? I don't really have a sense of smell, too many years in a chemistry lab. From what I can smell, a cake baking or Clary Sage or Geranium aromatherapy oil.
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My mum. I phoned her to ask her opinion on which Kim Hargreaves kit I should order.
25. The first thing you notice about people you are attracted to? Whether they have an honest, friendly face. And I like broad chested, dark haired men.
26. Do you like who you stole this off? I don't know them but I enjoy their blog.
27. Favourite drink? White wine (sauvignon blanc) or Champagne, on a special occassion. If not an appropriate time for wine then a nice mug of Earl Grey tea.
28. Favourite sport? Rugby or F1 for watching. Badminton for playing.
29. Eye colour? Blue or green. It seems to change depending on my mood/what I am wearing.
30. Hat size? Don't know but it must be small, I love hats but struggle to find ones that don't slip down over my eyes.
31. Do you wear contacts? NO!! I have a real problem with eyes, especially people going anywhere near them so don't think I could. I wear glasses for the cinema, driving at night and reading the projector screen at work.
32. Favourite food? Crisps, beef and onion ones from M&S. Have cut down in general since seeing that cooking oil advert.
33. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings.
34. If you could live anywhere in the world where would that be? By the sea, a wild, non-touristy beach. I lived across the road from the beach in St Andrews for 4 yrs and it spoilt me. I love being blasted around by the wind while hearing and smelling the sea. The photo on my profile is me playing on Camber Sands, Kent in November!
35. Summer or winter? Summer is too hot down here, it was much more pleasant at home. I like cold, dry weather but it's so dark and depressing in Winter. I guest then I'm more Spring.
36. Hugs or kisses? Hugs make everything better.
37. Favourite dessert? Stewed rhubarb with rich tea biscuits on top then chilled, perfect comfort food. (I'm not a big pudding eater).
38. Who is most likely to respond? No idea.
39. Least likely to respond? Again no idea, this blog is so new.
40. What books are you currently reading? The Long Way Round by Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman. I saw some of it on tv and was hooked. The fact I would love a bike doesn't come into it of course.
41. What's on your mouse pad? I'm using a touchpad on my laptop.
42. What did you watch on TV last night? Hope & Faith, CSI, Law and Order Special Victims Unit.
43. Favourite sounds? The sea.
44. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Not that fussed either way but if pushed I'd say Rolling Stones.
45. The furthest you have been from home? Johannesburg, RSA with work (to our production facility out there).
46. What's your special talent? My "Ears of the Wolf". I hear all sorts of conversations I shouldn't even when people speak quietly in another room! (My parents and hubbie still forget this).
47. Where were you born? Canterbury, Kent but I am definitely Scottish. My dad was working at Whitehall for the MOD at the time but we moved back "home" when I was 11months old and I wasn't even Christened until we were back in Scotland.
48. Who sent this to you? I stole it from Serendipity's blog.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the blogging,
India

10:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home