Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Distraction from my lack of knitting

Very little knitting has taken place recently. Between the cold and work I'm so tired every time I sit down I tend to fall asleep. Not conducive to knitting. I managed to get to Hobby craft to get a few more bits for my Cinderella Bag but as that took up most of Saturday there wasn't time for much else. The inside bit of the bag is almost done but as it's just garter stitch there's not much to talk about there. I promised the pattern by the end of the month so I'm going to have to get a move on, especially as this weekend I'll be painting the ceiling and getting the first coat on the walls of the spare room then on Sunday we're off to Cirque Du Soleil. We saw La Nouba on our honeymoon and enjoyed it so much. Hopefully this one will be as good.

In order to pretend to myself that I am in fact updating the blog properly I decided to complete this fun little meme.

A- Available or single? Married.
B- Best Friend? Don't have one as such but a few good friends that I can always rely on.
C- Cake or Pie? Cake, not a pastry fan.
D- Drink of Choice? Depends on my mood/situation. Nice mug of tea, extravagant glass of champagne, cool beer ........
E- Essential Item? Computer, I'm addicted to email checking.
F- Favorite Color? Depends. At the moment I like turquoise/petrol blue colours.
G- Gummi Bears or Worms? Gummi Bears (bouncing here and there and everywhere!)
H- Hometown? Ooh now, difficult one. I'm originally from Dunfermline area in Fife and that still counts as home but now I can be found nearer to Cambridge.
I- Indulgence? Bollinger Champagne or lavender bath
J- January or February? Neither, I get SAD and sleep a lot.
K- Kids and names? None, perhaps in the future.
L- Life is incomplete without? Hubby and my family
M- Marriage Date? 6th March 2004
N- Number of Siblings? One little sister
O- Oranges or apples? Apples.
P- Phobias/Fears? I'm scared of a lot of things. I particularly dislike/fear heights and being trapped. I can't sit on the inside seat on a train/plane/bus.
Q- Favorite Quote? I'll have to think about that one.
R- Reason to Smile? Only 3 more hours 'til work finishes :)
S- Season? Spring
T- Tag three people! Not going to force anyone into this but if your reading feel free to do this meme and leave me a message so I can be nosey.
U- Unknown Fact About Me? As you know little about me there must be so many. Well one that keeps me pretty much anonymous is I have a doctorate in chemistry.
V- Vegetable you hate? parsnips
W- Worst habit? My worst habit? I worry about everything and always think what could go wrong. And talk too much too.
X- X-Rays you’ve had? Face (orthodontics and facial injury) and neck (whiplash).
Y- Your favorite food? I particularly enjoy a good roast or a nice warming stew (perhaps the cold weather is affecting my taste?).
Z- Zodiac? Leo

3 Comments:

Blogger Isobel said...

Sorry to hear that you are still under the weather, I hope you are back to feeling you regular self soon.
I love cirque du soleil, we saw them years ago when they were a small tent in Montreal. Now they are huge and very different, we have been to see 5 different shows, but have never seen Alegria. I think my favorite is O - we saw it in Las Vegas 4 years ago when we went for our 20th wedding anniversary and renewed our vows. I bought the VIP tickes for Quidam two years ago, hugely expensive but we got to mingle with the artists before the start and during intermission. We saw in the third row, and during intermission they had a cocktail party for us. When my husband found out what I paid he said he was glad it was on my credit card and not his.
Enjoy the show, I am sure it will be wonderful. Let me know how it was.
take care
Isobel

4:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so looking forward to seeing the Cinderella Bag! Can't wait! Also can't wait to hear about Cirque. How exciting is that? I'm with you on the champagne. I love a glass of champagne.

7:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

12:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home