Thursday, January 11, 2007

Resolution Update

Just a very quick post. Unfortunately not much knitting has taken place. I have the cold and my hands are so sore so I can only knit for a short while. The only knitting has been my "Cinderella's Bag" for Purlescence. I need to get the bag completed and the pattern written up by the end of the month as they will be publishing the winning and runner-up entries and I said I could be finished by then. Bit stressed as mostly I've just slept when out of work this week and I need to get to Hobby Craft from some more wire bits, so a bit of a trek in store this weekend.

On a much more positive note I am making some progress on my resolutions.
  • The sleep thing is happening (mostly because of the cold) and therefore I've managed to get my train instead of driving.
  • I've bought the paint for the spare room (Dulux Provencal Pink) and this weekend all the cracks will be filled in preparation.
  • I purchased a small shaker rail in a gorgeous powder blue for the kitchen and it complements the yellow walls perfectly. If only I could afford to buy more from this shop but small things I love in my house make such a difference so I will continue with this.
  • I found a link to the perfect book for me using my sewing machine more - Bend the Rules Sewing. It sounds perfect and looks interesting even though it has stuff for beginners. Pity I have to wait until the summer for it. At least that will give me some time to knit!

Now if only I could find time to knit and do some exercise I'd be well on my way.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your cold. Lots of chicken soup, tea and toast. Also, lots of liquids, but then I suppose you already know that...smile. Bend the Rules Sewing looks like just the thing I need to get my Singer working away at last. Thanks for the link!

2:18 pm  
Blogger Isobel said...

Please feel better soon, rest and fluids will help, but mostly rest. Good luck on the pattern, I love the purse - you are very talented, if I were Cinders it's what I would take to the ball.
When the painting is completed post a picture to give us a look.
Take care

5:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home